Sunday, May 27, 2012

Working Online in the Caribbean

Into everyone's life a little rain must fall and sometimes pour and that is what it is doing today even in this oceanfront paradise...lots of wind last night but no rain but this morning there is so much rain you can barely see the reef. Before the rain started I went out and picked up fallen palm fronds and coconuts and threw them into the burn pile. This is the tropics so rain starting in late May is to be expected. Dry season is from December thru May. The rain has cooled things down and it is quite comfortable here in shorts and a tank top. I spend my mornings checking and returning emails and posting ads on the free classified advertising websites. During the weekdays when my website customers are at work I sometimes update their websites from requests they email to me.

Tomorrow I am going to the nearest major city of Chetumal to do some shopping at the big box stores and find things I can't find here locally. It takes from sunrise to sunset to shop and get back so when I return I will have alot of emails to return about living and working online in paradise.
Some crazy green and yellow birds have made a nest on the side of this oceanfront beachhouse and amazingly it survived in the wind and rain because it is on the west side. I tried to discourage them by removing it early in their nest building but they just kept on building it so I gave up. I think their springtime mating instinct has taken over their little bird brains. Reminds me of some people I know.

No comments:

Post a Comment